Sunday, July 30, 2023

Honey Garlic Habanero

Fermented Ingredients (1 Month):
• Habaneros 101g
• Garlic 40g
• Yellow Onion 114g
• Brine 1 Cup 

Fresh Ingredients:
• Yellow Bell Peppers 96g
• Garlic 132g
• Sweet Onions 112g
• Honey (Clover) 8oz
• White Vinegar 1 Cup
• Xanthan Gum 1/8tsp 

Saute the onion and the bell pepper lightly in olive oil. Once they start to sweat add the fresh garlic and cook until golden brown. Add everything into the blender except the xanthan and blend on high for five minutes, then simmer to a light boil for 10 minutes skimming solids off the top. Add back to the blender with the xanthan gum and blend on low for thirty seconds. Bottle, refrigerate. Yields about 28oz, pH 3.43 

Notes:
• Garlic was grown organically by Prima Farms, 2.5 heads netted the 130g
• Surprisingly, I kind of wish I used a bit more garlic. The honey comes through the strongest and edges the garlic out a bit
• Sweetness is right on the money. I took a shot in the dark on the amount of honey and it worked out perfect
• Good viscosity, I wondered if I used more vinegar would give me a bigger yield but I'm glad I left it where it was
• Way hotter than I would have expected for straight habs. Throwing a few super hots in might help out the flavor profile a bit but I like where it's at
• Curious where this will be in a week or two




No comments:

Post a Comment

Peach Habanero

Fermented Ingredients (192 days) • Habaneros 81g • Yellow Onions 142g • Garlic 34g • Brine 3/4 Cups Fresh Ingredients: • Sweet Onions 216g •...