Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Frank A 'Lemon' Bitch

Fresh Ingredients:
• Yellow Reapers 148g (22 pods)
• Garlic 35g
• Salt 1/2 tbsp
• White Vinegar 2.5c
• Lemons 1
• Xanthan Gum 1/4 tsp

Throw everything straight into the blender except xanthan, juice the lemon and add some of the zest. Blend on high 5 minutes and simmer lightly for 20 mins, skimming the gunk off the top. Cool, then blend on low for 90 seconds with the xanthan gum. Bottle, refrigerate

Fresh pepper Frank sauce. Pricey shipment and honestly these pods are a bit on the weak side. I wanted to make a lemon version after seeing the color on the last batch

Notes:
• Bigger yield on this of about 20oz instead of the 16ish I usually get on these. I think it has something to do with the water content of the peppers, all the frozen stuff I used before is a bit more dry
• As noted above the heat is pretty low on this. I used ~4 less pods because I didn't want to blow through my box in one batch, but it should be hotter
• The lemon comes though fine but it feels a bit unbalanced. I'm glad to try it but the lime works better 
• Overall a little disappointing. Still pretty good but short of what I pictured




No comments:

Post a Comment

Moruga Mango

Fermented Ingredients (85 days): • Red Moruga Scorpions 132g • Yellow Onions 125g • Garlic 38g • Brine 1 Cups Fresh Ingredients: • Yellow On...