Sunday, May 5, 2024

Avacado Serrano Salsa

• Tomatillo 310g
• Yellow Onion 275g
• Serranos 49g
• Garlic 41g
• Avocado 206g
• Lime 2 Small Juiced
• Salt 1 tbs
• Water 1.5 Cups

Slice up the onion and serranos and saute in olive oil until they start to char and the onion loses color. Add the garlic and cook until that's golden brown. Meanwhile, boil the tomatillos until they take on a dark green color and reserve 1.5 cups of water. Once everything's cooked blend together with the reserved water until desired consistency

Notes:
• A few tweaks to my avocado recipe, no super hots and no jalapenos
• There was going to be cilantro but I realized I accidentally bought parsley instead
• Initially only had one lime but I upped it to two
• Earthy flavor from the serranos, not very hot
• I left this batch a bit chunky. I made it in my vitamix and didn't want to over blend it and end up with anything too creamy
• Almost too much salt. It's fine but I would have liked 3/4 tbs better
• I like it but it's not as good as my regular avocado salsas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Peach Habanero

Fermented Ingredients (192 days) • Habaneros 81g • Yellow Onions 142g • Garlic 34g • Brine 3/4 Cups Fresh Ingredients: • Sweet Onions 216g •...