Sunday, June 25, 2023

Frank A 'Yellow' Bitch

 Fresh Ingredients:

• Yellow Reapers- 175g (25 frozen pods)
• Garlic- 26g (5 large cloves)
• White Vinegar- 2.5 Cups
• Salt 1/2 tbsp
• Lime- 1 Juiced
• Xanthan- 1/4 tsp

Commission for Saib! I made $25 with these! So the recipe is the same as before, except obviously yellow reapers instead of red ones. As always, the yield is super low giving about 18oz and the heat is stupid. The lime and garlic add to the flavor with out muting any of the peppers. Boiled for 20 mins afterward


Thoughts:
• The color makes me wish I used a lemon instead of a lime
• I've been meaning to try a lemon sauce and this would have been a good blue print. The peppers themselves I think lean that direction. Variants can have taste permutations in addition to color
• I'm out of yellow reapers now so I need to scroll some fb messages to find the farmer for a summer 2023 re up
• Xanthan really coming through with these super vinegar based sauces
• Excellent marbling from the garlic that the photo struggles with
• By weight, this is the heaviest sauce I've made because these pods were huge and I counted instead of weighed. I regret nothing







No comments:

Post a Comment

Moruga Mango

Fermented Ingredients (85 days): • Red Moruga Scorpions 132g • Yellow Onions 125g • Garlic 38g • Brine 1 Cups Fresh Ingredients: • Yellow On...